Saturday, December 7, 2013

WELCOME !

GREETINGS ! I INVITE U2 accept JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD & SAVIOR TODAY, RIGHT NOW, OR ANYTIME, & BE SAVED ! Don't wait until it is TOO LATE. Don't Hesitate. The consequences are TOO GREAT.! Humble yourself. You CANNOT do it alone. None of us can. Guaranteed 100% FAILURE RATE for those who try to GO IT ALONE. Kneel down now and say to Jesus, "Sorry & Thank you, I surrender to YOU, LORD, & Commit my LIFE 2 U, now & forever" 

THIS BLOG is dedicated to NELSON MANDELA of SOUTH AFRICA...who, as most of you know by now, passed away on December 5, 2013. Mandela was a great inspiration to me, even though I am not south African nor black, but am white and grew up in the USA, but am of Dutch ancestory, and therefore took an extra interest in the history of South Africa at an early age given the Dutch (Afrikaan) history in the country. Needless to say, just because I have Dutch ancestors does not indicate I support anything and everything my ancestors do or did, albeit on the other hand some aspects of "apartheid" are more complex than meets the eye. Nonetheless, I am not here to debate and re-hash history, but am here to pay tribute to the life of a monumental historical figure,arguably as important to South Africa race relations as Martin Luther King Jr.  was to the USA civil rights movement. 

I will be adding more to this welcome page in due time, as well as a few comments about my trip to South Africa in 1996, among other things, but mostly what this blog will consist of are headlines from the numerous stories about Mandela and his life (and I have not completely read each & every story so it is not necessarily an endorsement of or agreement with every detail of any particular story) , with links to them. God bless Mandela. Thanks for your life and contributions to our world and especially South Africa. Rest in peace! And thoughts & prayers for the Mandela family et al. 

" If u declare with your mouth,
“Jesus is Lord,” &
 believe in your  
HEART 
that God
 raised Him
 from the dead, 
u will be saved." 
                                            Romans 10.9